ReFrame Stamp for Gender-Balanced Production
2019 Submission Form – Television
Television programs must achieve 4 points within these 8 qualifiers, with at least 2 points from the female lead, director, and writer categories. Please note: this current round of submissions will only include programs that aired from June 1, 2018 - May 31, 2019 (per the Emmys calendar).
(First performer listed on call sheet).
1 point for a female lead
OR 2 points for a female lead of color
1 point for 50% of episodes directed by female directors (per season)
OR 2 points for 25% of episodes directed by female directors of color (per season)
1 additional point for pilot directed by a female director
OR 2 additional points for pilot directed by a female director of color
Female Writing Staff
Writing staff includes WGA members: Executive Producer, Co-Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, Consulting Producer, Producer, Co-Producer, Executive Story Editor, Story Editor, Staff Writers (this category doesn’t include non-writing/non-WGA Executive Producers as they are in the Producer category).
1 point if 50% of writing staff are female writers (per season)
OR 2 points if 25% of writing staff are female writers of color (per season)
*Please note that the program needs to achieve at least 2 points from the above categories before moving forward.
Female Season Regulars**
1 point if 50% of season regulars are female
OR 2 points if 25% of season regulars are females of color
1 point for a female Showrunner
OR 2 points for a female Showrunner of color
To include non-writing/non-WGA producers: Executive Producer, Co-Executive Producer, Producer, Director/Producer, Associate Producer, Line Producer (this category does not include Showrunner as they have their own category above).
1 point for at least one female non-writing Producer
OR 2 points for at least one female non-writing Producer of color
Designated Female Production Personnel
Designated production personnel includes: Director of Photography, Production Designer, Editing Team, Costume Designer, Music By/Composer, Music Supervisor, Visual Effects Supervisor, Casting, Stunt Coordinator (this category does not include: Producer, Showrunner, Executive Producer, Writer and Director as they are counted above).
1 point if 50% of the designated production personnel are female
OR 2 points if 50% of the designated production personnel are females of color
(Not including the Designated Production Personnel above).
1 point for 50% female crew
OR 2 points for 25% female crew of color
* Female is defined as any person who identifies as female or identifies as a woman.
Process + Timeline
1. The ReFrame Stamp for Television launched with a “Call for Submission” process on September 28, 2018 to determine TV shows from the 2017-2018 season that qualified for the ReFrame Stamp.
2. Television shows, limited series and MOWs from 2017-18 that received the stamp were announced on November 13, 2018 and listed on the ReFrame and IMDbPro websites. The stamp will be available for end credits and marketing materials.
3. Appeals for ReFrame Stamp submissions may be submitted in writing to ReFrame@wif.org and will be independently reviewed by a panel of ReFrame Ambassadors.
4. We will count per the Emmys calendar (June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019).
The Stamp Itself
ReFrame Stamp recipients will live on the ReFrame and IMDbPro websites, where “recognized” television shows will be listed and “stamped.”